Pacemaker Implantation Doctor in Navi Mumbai
Pacemaker Implantation is an interventional procedure where a small battery-operated device called a pacemaker is placed into your chest that helps control the heart beating regularly. This can be a life-changing treatment for heart conditions such as arrhythmias that involves slow heartbeats.
Every human heart has four chambers – two upper and two lower chambers. The upper heart chambers contract, pulling blood into the lower chambers of heart. When the ventricles contract, they push this blood out of the heart so the bloodstream can circulate it throughout the body. This contraction is a heartbeat, and electrical signals are responsible for regulating the rhythm. Cells in the upper chambers generate these electrical signals, which are passed down the heart and perform its activity. An arrhythmia is a heart condition that disturbs this electrical signalling, causing the heart to beat abnormally. Tachycardia heart disease involves the heart beating rapidly, and bradycardia involves the heart beating too slowly. The heart can also beat abnormally in other ways. Pacemakers are of different types and are advised as needed for various different indications.
When Do Doctors recommend Pacemaker Implantation?
Our Cardiologist will test you to see if you need a pacemaker. Few of the reasons a pacemaker is recommended when:
- heartbeat pauses
- heartbeat is irregular or too fast
- there is some type of heart failure
The above symptoms can be caused by various factors that includes:
- increase in age-related changes to the heart tissue
- damage to the heart due to:
- previous heart surgery
- any heart disease
- previously experienced heart attack
- congenital heart conditions
- prescribed medications that can slow the heart rate, such as beta-blockers or calcium channel blockers
- having certain health conditions, such as:
- pericarditis, that is an inflammation of the tissue around the heart
- myocarditis, that is an inflammation of heart muscle
- cardiomyopathy, disease of the heart muscle which involves difficulty in pumping blood to the rest of the body
- systemic sclerosis, a rare condition which involves inflammation and scarring of the skin and internal organs
- sarcoidosis, a rare condition that causes swollen areas of tissue called granulomas to appear in any part of your body
- hypothyroidism, in which your thyroid produces less thyroid hormone
If you have these conditions that affect your heartbeat, our pacemaker implantation doctor in Navi Mumbai at Medwin Heart Care Clinic will suggest the procedure to help your heart to beat at a normal rate or rhythm. Many patients who received a pacemaker have experienced a very positive effect on their life. Not only can a pacemaker prevent complications or heart failure, but it can also reduce your symptoms and help you feel better. A review of your medical history and several tests can help Dr. Rishi Bhargava, heart doctor in Navi Mumbai determines if a pacemaker is a good option for you.