Strain Echocardiogram Echo Test In Navi Mumbai
Starin echocardiogram test is used to and evaluate the performance of your heart muscle through captured images of your heart. It is an ultrasound test that gives a way to diagnose some heart conditions earlier than their full-blown effects. This technique is new that shows less obvious issues with how your heart muscle functions. We use this method to screen people at risk for certain heart issues or monitor those who already have heart conditions. Identifying mechanical abnormalities (such as issues with the heart’s movement) enables us to diagnose potential heart conditions early and assess the prognosis (predict the possible outcomes) of the condition.
An echocardiogram with strain is also called an Echocardiographic deformation. During the Strain ECHO test, the practitioner will move the transducer, a handheld device over your chest area. The machine shows live, moving images generated by high frequency waves that comes from transducer. Strain echocardiogram technology provides a detailed assessment of the structure and function of your heart, including its chambers and valves. This test is painless and typically takes between 15-30 minutes to complete.
Echocardiogram with strain is performed to
- Screen and follow up with people who receive toxic medications that may affect the heart during cancer treatment, such as cancer medications (chemotherapy)
- Check people who have received radiation to their chest
- Check and monitor people who have cardiomyopathy, heart failure (such as before and after receiving a biventricular pacemaker), or pericardial diseases.
You may need Strain Echo if you have any of the following signs and symptoms:
- Chest pain
- Dizziness, light-headedness, or confusion
- Heart palpitations
- Rapid pulse
- Shortness of breath
- Fatigue, weakness, or a decline in the ability to exercise
If you have a family history of heart disease, we might suggest a strain electrocardiogram as a screening test, even if you have no symptoms. Strain imaging has been recommended increasingly to dectect various types of congenital and major heart ailments. Medwin Heart Care Clinic provides the non-invasive strain echo test in Navi Mumbai depending on your clinical profile.